PRIVACY PROTECTION POLICY GUEST INFORMATION
At Aditya Home Stay we stress the importance of privacy and are committed to earning the trust of our guests by adopting high standards for the protection of personal information.
Our policy outlines the type of personal information we collect and receive, the circumstances in which we collect or receive personal information, the policies and procedures we have established outlining its use and storage, and for sharing certain types of personal information in certain limited circumstances, the procedures you should follow if you have any questions or requests in respect of your personal information or our policies and procedures and the person to whom such questions or requests should be directed, and the means by which to communicate with that person.
In this policy the words 'we' and 'Aditya Home Stay' do not include third party Hotel (home stay) owners or third parties involved in the delivery of services, however we have requested such Hotel (home stay) owners and third party suppliers to abide by the terms of our Privacy Protection Policy.
In this policy, personal information means information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, e-mail address or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available and is not part of your work identification.
It also includes information on guest preferences and usage, when such information is supplied to or recorded by Aditya Home Stay in the course of transacting business with an individual.
The Privacy Protection Policy does not apply to information regarding Aditya Home Stay corporate customers. However, such information is protected by other Aditya Home Stay policies and practices and through contractual arrangements.
HOW YOU MAY PROVIDE US YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- By making a reservation or by using Aditya Home Stay services.
- By registering on the Aditya Home Stay’s website.
- By providing it to us in communications regarding service delivery such as comment cards.
- By providing the information to us by participating in a marketing initiative.
- By saving a scanned copy of your ID
- By visiting our website.
- To establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you and to provide ongoing service.
- To understand your needs and preferences.We maintain a record of the products and services you receive from us and we may ask for additional information so that we can serve you better. For example, we may record your preference for type of room.
- To develop, enhance, market or provide products and services.For example, we look at our guests' use of our services so that we can better understand how to improve our services.
- To manage and develop our business and operations.For example we analyze guest patterns of usage of our Hotel (home stay) and services to help us manage them efficiently and plan for future growth.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
- We may disclose a guest's personal information to a person who, in the reasonable judgment of Aditya Home Stay, is seeking the information as an agent of the guest - for example, a travel agent who is booking a reservation on behalf of the guest.
- Personal information will be shared with the Aditya Home Stay for which your reservation has been made so that they may provide the services you have reserved.
- Personal information may be shared with other Aditya Home Stay so that they may better provide services to you in the event you wish to travel to that Aditya Home Stay in the future.
- Personal information will be shared with a third party involved in supplying the guest with the services they have purchased to the extent necessary to effect the supply and the processing of the transaction.
- Personal information may be shared with a third party retained by Aditya Home Stay to perform functions on its behalf such as reservations handling, data processing or storage, guest surveys or research.
- Personal information may be shared with an agent retained by Aditya Home Stay to evaluate a customer's credit worthiness or in order to collect a customer's account.
- Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of public authority if in the reasonable judgment of Aditya Home Stay it appears that there is an imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information, or which disclosure is compelled by legal authority.
- Aditya Home Stay will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose than those identified above, except with your consent.
- Aditya Home Stay will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards.
- Aditya Home Stay will take appropriate steps to protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with third parties.
- Aditya Home Stay will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up to date as is necessary for the purposes identified above.
- Aditya Home Stay will honor your request to access your personal information in as timely fashion as is reasonably possible.
Below we will outline the type of information normally collected in each of these circumstances, the reasons for doing so, how we will use it and store it.
MAKING A RESERVATION
When making a reservation or using Aditya Home Stay services it is necessary to have information in order to identify you, contact you and to process your purchase and requests. This information usually includes your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, credit card number and expiration date, and language preference. It may also include, if you choose to share that information with us, your preferences regarding the delivery of your service such as type of room, type of bed, and the like.
From time to time, we offer packages or other services that involve third parties. If you are partaking of such a package or service, your personal information will be shared with that third party to the extent necessary to provide that service and process the purchase or request.
Aditya Home Stay may use the information you provide to send you offers and information about Aditya Home Stay services and those of select third parties. Your information will not be given to these third parties but rather the offer of the third party will be provided to Aditya Home Stay which will manage the distribution.
If you do not wish to receive such offers and information you may unsubscribe or opt-out by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line Unsubscribe", so indicating your request with sufficient personal identifiers so we can appropriately act on your request. All our marketing communication of this type will also contain instructions for unsubscribing.
REGISTERING ON ADITYA HOME STAY WEBSITE
Individuals interested in sharing their experiences at Aditya Home Stay may wish to do so through our Aditya Home Stay website. Although registration is not required to view the site, it is required to enable sharing and other functions on that website. The personal information you provide during registration is used to validate your identity and to enable us to manage and administer your contributions to the website, and to contact you regarding your contributions or use of the website. We may also use your information to contact you about updates or changes to the website, shared content that may be of interest to you, or other offers and information related to Aditya Home Stay or marketing partners whose products and services may be of interest to you.
We may from time to time use third party service providers to facilitate the operation of the Aditya Home Stay website. As a result, your personal information may be accessed, administered or stored by such third parties to the extent reasonably required for them to perform such services.
INFORMATION PROVIDED TO US IN COMMUNICATIONS REGARDING SERVICE DELIVERY SUCH AS COMMENT CARDS
Information provided to us in such a fashion will be used solely for the purpose of recording your comments, communicating with you in respect of them, reviewing them with the subject Hotel (home stay) and Hotel (home stay) personnel, for the purposes of recognizing employees for excellence of service delivery and for developing improvements in service delivery.
ADITYA HOME STAY OFFERS YOU THE ABILITY TO RECEIVE TARGETED, TIMELY NOTIFICATION OF TIME SENSITIVE OFFERS
To sign up for this service we require you to provide us with your e-mail address, first name, last name, language preference, and country of residence. You may unsubscribe at any time using the link provided on every e-mail message and you will no longer receive e-mail offers and promotions for the specified subscription or website, as the case may be. You may at any time in the future opt-in to receive e-mail offers.
BY SAVING A SCANNED COPY OF YOUR ID
As per local law we are required to keep scanned copy of your ID proof in our database, your ID copy is securely stored in our system and cannot be access without authorisation.
BY VISITING ONE OF OUR WEBSITES
We may also evaluate our content and services and tailor our websites, for visitors, based on other information we collect, such as IP addresses, which are numbers assigned to your computer whenever you use the Internet, pixel tags (or clear gifs), and the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using. This information is collected in the aggregate, but we may tie it to your personal information through cookie use as described above.
If you do not wish to have data relating to your visits to our websites collected through Google Analytics, you may opt-out by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. You may also opt-out of data collection through Adobe Analytics by visiting Adobe’s Privacy Center. You may opt-out of Facebook Custom Audiences by visiting Facebook’s opt-out page.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose personal information only in these limited circumstances:
Any such disclosure of a guest's personal information by Aditya Home Stay to a third party will be made only on a confidential basis conditioned upon the information being used only for the purpose for which it has been disclosed.
You are always free to refuse to provide personal information to us.
You may also withdraw your consent with respect to the use of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by e-mailing us at email@example.com, using 'Unsubscribe' as the subject line, and providing us sufficient personal identifiers so we can act effectively on your request.
However, in either case, this may limit our ability to serve you.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or wish to make a request in respect of your personal information please contact our Management at firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Technology Used
When you visit one of our websites, we may use the following web technologies:
Cookies: Subject to your web browser’s settings, we collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser when you access our websites by help of a cookie. This information typically includes the IP address currently assigned to your computer and the type of operating system and browser installed. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer's hard disk by a web server. We distinguish between “session cookies” and “persistent cookies”.
Session Cookies: We use session cookies to assign a randomly-generated unique identification number to your computer each time you visit one of our websites. A session cookie expires after you close your browser. We use session cookies to support the functionality of our websites and to understand your use of our websites, i.e. which pages you visit, which links you use, and how long you stay on each page.
Persistent cookies: Where admitted, we use persistent cookies, which do not expire immediately after you close your browser, but stay on your computer until they expire after a set period of time or you delete them. Each time you visit any of our websites, our web server will recognize the persistent cookie on your computer's hard drive. By assigning your computer a persistent, unique identifier, we are able to create a database of your previous choices and preferences. The unique identifier also helps us to keep a more accurate account of how often you visit our websites, how often you return, how your use of our websites may vary over time, and the effectiveness of our promotional efforts. This information is however not revealing your personal data, it solely reveals movements made on your computer. If you access our websites through an e-mail we have sent you or you've created a "user identity" during one of your visits, the information provided by our or our third party service provider’s cookies may be linked to information in our records that identifies you personally.
Web Beacons: The pages on our websites may contain electronic images known as "web beacons" - sometimes called "single-pixel gifs" or "clear gifs." We use these web beacons to learn more about the ways visitors use our web sites and to measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. We may also include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages in order to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. We link information obtained using any web beacons to other information that identifies you personally, provided we have obtained your prior consent to do so. By clicking on the link contained in any of our promotional e-mails sent to you with your consent, you further consent to our use of web beacons, unless you change the settings of your computer to avoid such web beacons being installed.
Cookies currently used on the websites
The current state of our cookie use, their purpose, intrusiveness and persistence is as follows:
- Session ID
- Site Navigation
- 3rd Party Cookies
- Flash Local Shared (LSO)
Session IDs: Our web server may create session cookies which are essential for your use of some of the interactive elements of the website, such as contact forms and logging in. The cookie contains a session ID which is a mechanism for distinguishing your visit to our website from any other visitors that may be using the website at the same time. Session cookies are considered necessary for the use of the website and do not require your consent.
Analytics: We use Google Analytics, which creates a number of first-party cookies, which allow us to ensure that subsequent visits to our website are recorded as belonging to the same (unique) visitor and to show us how you found us.
Content Management and Site Navigation: Our content management tool creates a number of first-party cookies, which are session cookies and are deleted when you close your browser. These cookies help our websites to function correctly. This data is aggregated and not personally identifiable.
We use the data that is collected using these first-party cookies to report, in aggregate, how our visitors find and use our website; we use those reports to understand overall visitor behaviour and we use that understanding to update and improve our websites.
Flash Local Shared Object (LSO) storage
Other cookies we may be using
We occasionally trial other services which may create cookies on your computer. If we are currently doing so then these trials will be listed here.
How to Change Your Cookie Preferences
Configuring your Internet browser is free and an effective way of managing cookies. You can select between:
Enabling the use of all cookies integrated in the pages and content that you consult. Note: on the one hand, these cookies will only be readable by their issuers. On the other hand, this process is not definitive, and it will always be possible for you to disable these cookies afterwards, (cookie management will vary depending on your Internet browser; please refer to the relevant instructions).